Sign and publish
When you finish developing your app, you'll need to sign and publish it. The BlackBerry World storefront is where users discover, download, and review your app. Before you can distribute your application in BlackBerry World, you must cryptographically sign it using your code signing key. This helps to verify the authorship of your application to users.
Sign your app
If you build your application in Release mode, you do not have to follow these steps. Using Release mode automatically sets Development Mode to No.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click your application and choose Properties from the context menu.
- In the left navigation pane, in the Properties window, in the Packager section, click General.
- In the right navigation pane, select Development Mode.
- Change the value of Development Mode to No.
- Build your application.
Increment the build number
You can sign an application only once per a build ID. If you have previously signed your application, you must increment the build ID of your application before you can sign your application again.
To increment the build number:
- In the Solution Explorer, double-click the bar-descriptor.xml file of your application.
- In the Package Information section, increase the value of the Package Build ID by one.
- Rebuild your application.
Publish to BlackBerry World
You can distribute your application for BlackBerry 10 by submitting it to BlackBerry World. For more information and to submit your app, visit BlackBerry World.