The /etc directory contains host-specific system files and programs used for administration and configuration, including the files listed in this topic.
- A directory that contains default configuration files, primarily for TCP/IP facilities.
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol configuration; see /etc/dhcpd.conf in the Utilities Reference.
- User account group definitions.
- Network hostname lookup database; see /etc/hosts in the Utilities Reference.
- Internet super-server configuration file that defines Internet services that
starts and stops dynamically as needed.
The descriptions in the default version of this file are commented out; uncomment the ones that you want to use. See /etc/inetd.conf in the Utilities Reference.
- A directory where you usually keep local system-initialization files. a
- A directory that includes files and directories used when you boot the system, including:
- /etc/system/sysinit—the main script for initializing the system.
- /etc/system/enum—the location of configuration files for the enumerators.