The following environment variables affect the operation of the dynamic linker:
- Display diagnostic messages.
The value can be a comma-separated list of the following:
- all — display all debug messages.
- help — display a help message, and then exit.
- reloc — display relocation processing messages.
- libs — display information about shared objects being opened.
- statistics — display runtime linker statistics.
- lazyload — print lazy-load debug messages.
- debug — print various runtime linker debug messages.
A value of 1 (one) is the same as all.
- A synonym for DL_DEBUG; if you set both variables, DL_DEBUG takes precedence.
- The name of a file in which the dynamic linker writes its output.
By default, output is written to stderr.
For security reasons, the use of LD_DEBUG_OUTPUT with setuid binaries is disabled.
- Affects lazy-load dependencies due to full symbol resolution. Typically, it forces the loading of all lazy-load dependencies (until all symbols have been resolved).