Smart card data types (sc_data_types.h)
This file defines the common smart card data types.
Most of the types are defined by the PC/SC Workgroup specification, which can be found at http://www.pcscworkgroup.com/specifications/overview.php.
The PC/SC specification parts 5 and 6 may be of particular interest to developers.
This API uses the following acronyms (refer to PC/SC specification part 1 for more information):
- PC/SC - Smart card specification that is followed in this API.
- ATR - Smart card Answer to Reset. A binary card type identifier.
- DER - Distinguished Encoding Rules. Often used for encoding cryptographic documents such as certificates.
- X509 - Standard format for public key certificates.
- ICC - Integrated circuit card. A general name for smart cards.
- IHV - ICC holder verification.
- CHV - Card holder verification. Refers to a mechanism of authenticating a card user to a card.
- IFD - Interface Device. A terminal, communication device, or machine to which the integrated circuit(s) card is electrically connected during operation. Essentially, IFD refers to a smart card reader.
- ICCSP - A service provider that interfaces with the ICC functionality.
- BlackBerry 10.2.0
Last modified: 2014-09-30