Control the IPv6 Neighbor Discovery Protocol
ndp -A wait [-ntl] ndp -a [-ntl] ndp -c [-nt] ndp -d [-nt] hostname ndp -f [-nt] filename ndp -H ndp -I [delete|interface] ndp -i interface [flags...] ndp -P ndp -p ndp -R ndp -r ndp -s [-nt] nodename ether_addr [temp] [proxy]
- -A wait
- Repeat -a (dump NDP entries) every wait seconds.
- Dump the existing NDP entries.
- Erase all NDP entries.
- -d hostname
- Delete the NDP entry for this hostname.
- -f filename
- Parse the file specified by filename.
- Harmonize consistency between the routing table and the default router list; install the top entry of the list into the kernel routing table.
- -I [delete|interface]
- Show or specify the default interface that's to be used as the default route when there's no default router.
Option: Action: -I Show the current default interface. -I delete Delete the current interface from the kernel. -I interface Use this interface as the default.
- -i interface [flags...]
- View the neighbor discovery (ND) information for this interface.
If flags is specified, set or clear the flag(s) associated with this interface.
A flag is cleared if it starts with the special character "
Possible flags are:
- Toggle NUD (Neighbor Unreachability Detection) on the interface (default is on).
- Don't truncate the numeric IPv6 addresses.
- Don't try to resolve a numeric address to a hostname.
- Flush all the entries in the prefix list.
- Show the prefix list.
- Flush all the entries in the default router list.
- Show the default router list.
- -s nodename ether_addr [temp] [proxy]
- Register a permanent NDP entry for this node (use temp to register a temporary entry). If you specify proxy, the system acts as a proxy NDP server that responds to requests for hostname even though the host address is not its own.
- Print a timestamp on each entry so that it's possible to merge the output with tcpdump. Typically used with -A.
This utility manipulates the address mapping table used by the Neighbor Discovery Protocol (NDP).
- Successful completion.
- An error occurred.
Last modified: 2014-05-14