Before you begin
You should have the following things ready:
- The BlackBerry 10 Native SDK
- Your BlackBerry 10 device
The VideoPlayback sample app does not work correctly on the BlackBerry 10 Device Simulator. You can still code, build, and deploy the app, but the playback behavior does not work.
Configure your project
To import the complete project:
- From the NDK-Samples repository in GitHub, download the .zip file of the sample apps.
- Launch the Native SDK.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- Expand General, then select Existing Projects into Workspace. Click Next.
- Browse to the location where you extracted the sample app and click OK.
- Click Finish to import the project into your workspace
The project appears in the Project Explorer window in the IDE. To see the source files in the project, you can expand the project folder and then expand the src folder.
Add a video to your project
The project already includes a video but you can add a different video to play if you want.
- Add the new video to your project workspace.
- In the IDE, in the Project Explorer view, double-click the bar-descriptor.xml file in your project.
- In the bar-descriptor.xml view, click the Assets tab.
- In the Build Configurations section, click All Configurations.
- In the Assets section, click Add Files.
- In the dialog box, click Workspace and select the video file you want the app to play.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2015-03-31