Sign and publish
When you finish developing your app, you need to sign and publish it. The BlackBerry World storefront is where users discover, download, and review your app. Before you can distribute your app in BlackBerry World, you must sign it using your code signing key. Signing verifies the authorship of your app to users.
Sign your app
To build and sign your solution:
- Create a release configuration.
- On the Build menu, click Configuration Manager.
- In the Configuration Manager window, in the Active solution configuration drop-down list, select Release.
- In the Solution Explorer window, right-click the project.
- Click Build.
Increment the build number
If you are using API level 10.3, you can sign your app as often as you want. You increment the package build ID of your app only when you upload it to BlackBerry World.
If you are using an API level earlier than 10.3, you can sign your app only once per package build ID. If you have previously signed your app, you must increment the package build ID of your app before you can sign your app again.
To increment the build number:
- In the Solution Explorer window, double-click the bar-descriptor.xml file of your app.
- In the Package Information section, increase the value of the Package Build ID field by one.
- Rebuild your app.
Publish to BlackBerry World
After you sign your app, you can publish it by submitting it to BlackBerry World.
For more information about publishing your app, visit BlackBerry World.
Last modified: 2015-03-31