As you build your app, you need to decide whether you want to monetize your app and what pricing strategy you want to use.
You have various pricing strategies you can choose from, including:
- Free: Your app is free in BlackBerry World storefront.
- Free with ads: Your app is free in BlackBerry World but includes ads to generate revenue.
- Premium: Your app must be purchased in BlackBerry World.
- Premium+: Your app must be purchased in BlackBerry World and offers upgrades to add new functionality.
- Freemium: Your app is free in BlackBerry World but the user can purchase digital goods to access new functionality.
Choosing a pricing strategy
One decision you need to make as you choose a pricing strategy is how, and why, you are implementing the strategy in your app. Look at the functions and features in your app, and choose a pricing strategy that complements these features.
The key is to choose a pricing strategy that offers your users the maximum benefit for a fair price. If you can strike the right balance between function and price, it helps to keep your users engaged and open to purchasing additional content and features.
The Payment Service lets you sell digital goods in your app, including subscriptions, additional content, and more.
When you use the Payment Service, you are selling a digital good that directly adds value to the experience of your app. Whether you are selling a power-up in a game, additional content, or increased functionality, you need to plan for the change in app behavior or appearance when a user makes a purchase.
Learn about building an accessible, high-performing app in the next section, Being a good citizen.
Last modified: 2015-04-16