Tutorial: Rendering text with FreeType and OpenGL ES
This is sample application that uses a native window to create an EGL on-screen rendering surface. Text is rendered on this surface by using the FreeType library with OpenGL.
This sample application aims to demonstrate how to integrate the use of the FreeType library, OpenGL ES 1.X, and Screen to render text.
You will learn to:
- Create a native context
- Initialize and configure EGL for rendering
- Create a native window and setting its properties
- Calculate the DPI to use based on your display size and resolution
- Load a font
- Load background texture
- Create a main application loop to:
- Process events in the native context
- Render text using OpenGL ES 1.X
- Release resources
Last modified: 2013-12-21