Signing and publishing
Before you can publish your application in the BlackBerry World storefront, you must cryptographically sign it using a BlackBerry ID token. The BlackBerry ID token also lets you create a debug token, which is required to run your development application on a device. The BlackBerry World storefront is where users discover, download, and review your app. Check out the BlackBerry World website.
The signing application included with the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK adds cryptographic hash values to your application package (.bar file) during the signing process. The hash values help verify the authorship of your application to other users and the BlackBerry 10 OS.
You must sign your app in the Momentics IDE before you can publish it.
When you set up your development environment, the Momentics IDE for BlackBerry automatically checks for a BlackBerry ID token and lets you create one and upload it if the IDE doesn't detect an existing token. When you build an application, the .bar file that is created is automatically signed using the signing token that you specified.
If you connect to the Internet through a proxy server, you must specify additional command-line options to contact the BlackBerry Signing Authority. For more information about using a proxy server, see Configure app signing through a proxy server in the IDE.
Signing your app
- In the IDE, click File > Export.
- Expand BlackBerry, select Release Build, and then click Next.
- On the Release Build page, select the project you want to export, and specify an export location for your application. If you do not specify a location, the application is exported to the project directory. Click Next.
- On the Digital Signature tab on the Packaging Settings page, select Enable digital signature and click Finish.
Your .bar file contains your signed application. You can publish the .bar file to BlackBerry World for distribution.
If something goes wrong, you can revisit the Signing page in the Momentics IDE:
- In Windows and Linux, click Window > Preferences. In Mac OS, click Momentics > Preferences.
- Expand BlackBerry, and then select Signing.
- Click BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to configure your BlackBerry ID token.
For more information about signing, see Signing apps.
Publishing your app
After you sign your app, you can publish it by submitting it to BlackBerry World.
For more information about publishing your app, visit BlackBerry World.
Last modified: 2014-01-23