Make the extension available to your app
You can make your custom extensions available to your BlackBerry WebWorks apps when you build your apps by adding the extension to the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK installation location.
- In your BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK installation folder, navigate to the Framework/ext folder.
- Create a folder for your extension (for example, example.memory).
- Create a folder named device in the root of your extension folder.
- Create a folder named simulator in the root of your extension folder.
- Build the native portion of your native extension. Create one shared library for the device and another for the simulator.
- Copy the shared library for the device into the device folder.
- Copy the shared library for the simulator into the simulator folder.
Your extension's folder structure should look similar to the following:
Now when you build your BlackBerry WebWorks application, it can use the custom extension.
Make sure that your BlackBerry WebWorks application whitelists the extension; otherwise, the application cannot use the extension.
Last modified: 2014-03-10