Best practice: Terminology
- Use terminology that is clear, concise, friendly, and conversational.
- Use terminology that your users are familiar with.
- Avoid technical jargon, programming terms, and colloquialisms (for example, use "wireless calendar synchronization" instead of "OTA calendar sync").
Use terms consistently throughout the UI and try to use terms that are consistent with other applications on the BlackBerry device.
- Use everyday words when you can, especially if you are explaining a complex technical concept or action.
- Avoid repetition.
- Use American spelling.
- Avoid using symbols to replace text (for example, use "and" instead of an ampersand (&)).