As of September 29th, 2014, the legacy BlackBerry World Vendor Portal is decommissioned. You must perform all of your account management activities in the new BlackBerry World Vendor Portal.
Over the past several months, we've implemented initiatives to improve BlackBerry World, and BlackBerry developer tools and programs. The changes have focused on improving the user experience:
- New UI look and feel. Visit About the app dashboard for a preview.
- Streamlined process for submitting apps. Visit Submit your app for approval for details.
- Simplified management of screenshots and images. See Adding apps to BlackBerry World.
- New promotion code functionality. Visit Add a promotion for more information.
- License type management: switch from free to paid.
- Reports enhancements: more detailed and specific for downloads, purchases or subscriptions. Check Managing apps and running reports for further information on reports.
- Reports for customer reviews.
- Preconfigured and custom charts for apps and promotions.
When you add a new release to an app that is currently for sale, the vendor portal clears the check boxes on the detail and listing pages. This is a display issue only. If you exit the current view and re-enter the application, the checkbox status is restored.
No specific error message appears on the release details page when you upload a non-PDF file for Commodity Classification Automated Tracking System (CCATS) and/or the import/supply permit (France). Instead, when you save the page, a message appears indicating that no file bundles were attached.
If you attempt to schedule a report by typing a date in the Start Date field, the calendar control covers the Start Date field.
If you attempt to upload a tax document in PDF format in Internet Explorer 10, an error message appears and your PDF fails to upload.