10k Developer Commitment Rules
The 10k Developer Commitment Program is now closed for submissions. Thank you for your participation. Follow-up on the Program results will be mid-March, 2014.
BlackBerry is so confident that applications approved through the Built for BlackBerry program are destined for success, we are offering a $10k Developer Commitment.
For a limited time, apps that have attained a Built for BlackBerry designation are eligible for a top-up to $10k. Just create a BlackBerry 10 app and get it approved through the Built for BlackBerry program. If you earn² $1,000 USD on your app over 12 months and you comply with the 10k Developer Commitment Terms and Conditions, BlackBerry will pay the difference between your earnings and $10,000 USD for that app¹. Eligible apps that exceed $10,000 USD will not be eligible for a payout.
- Vendors must read and agree to the 10k Developer Commitment Terms and Conditions.
- Vendors are invited to submit multiple apps for the Built for BlackBerry designation but there is a limit of one (1) payout per Vendor.
- Apps must remain available for sale on BlackBerry World with the Built for BlackBerry¹.
- For vendors with multiple Built for BlackBerry apps, the app that becomes eligible for the 10k Developer Commitment is the one that earns $1,000 USD first.
- Apps must have at least 100 unique downloads over the 12 month period.
- The 10k Developer Commitment is a limited-funds offer and will continue only until the $10 million fund pool is exhausted. Funds will be distributed in order of priority based on the date upon which they reached $1,000 USD in earnings²
- Apps funded by BlackBerry are not eligible for the 10k Developer Commitment.
How it works
- Complete the Getting Started steps.
- Offer the app for sale on BlackBerry World for the required 12 month sales period while maintaining the Built for BlackBerry designation.
- Generate $1,000 in earnings² over a 12 month period.
- BlackBerry will pay you any difference between your earnings² over $1,000 USD and $10,000 USD.
- For example, if your earnings are $1,000 USD, BlackBerry will pay you $9,000 USD; if your earnings are $5,000 USD, BlackBerry will pay you $5,000 USD.
10k Important Dates
- Apply for 10k Developer Commitment Deadline:Closed
- 10k Developer Commitment One Year Sales Start:March 4, 2013, 2013 at 12:01am EST
¹ A maximum of $10,000,000USD will be distributed under this Offer. Limit one (1) payout per Vendor. Twelve month period to be determined by BlackBerry.
² “Earns” refers to the amount that consumers pay for both paid downloads and in-app payments using BlackBerry Payment Service less any refunds and less applicable taxes included in the amount consumers pay, multiplied by the proportion of sales owing to the Vendor as defined by the Vendor Agreement. “Earns” does not include any advertising revenue. See Terms and Conditions for complete details.