Apply for a BlackBerry World vendor account
If you want to offer products to users on the BlackBerry World storefront, you must apply for a vendor account for the BlackBerry World vendor portal.
There is no registration fee for creating a vendor account, or for submitting products to BlackBerry World.
The vendor application collects information about your company. BlackBerry reviews your application, and sends you an email message if you are approved. After your account is verified, you can sign in to the vendor portal and submit products that you want to sell or offer for free on BlackBerry World.
The BlackBerry World
vendor portal associates your account with your BlackBerry
ID. Perform one of the following actions:
- If you already have a BlackBerry ID, go to the vendor portal and click Register.
- If you don't have a BlackBerry ID, Create a BlackBerry ID. Then go to the vendor portal and click Register.
- Review the BlackBerry World vendor agreement and, if you agree, accept the terms.
Perform one of the following actions:
- If you want to offer only free products on BlackBerry World, select the No option.
- If you want to sell products on BlackBerry World, select the Yes option. Read the Bango license agreement. If you agree, accept the license agreement. You can select the check boxes after you scroll to the bottom of each license agreement. Click Continue.
- Type the required information to create an administrative user account for your vendor account, and click Continue.
- Type your organization's contact information and legal status. You can also upload a vendor logo that appears with your vendor information on BlackBerry World. Click Continue.
- Click Link Your Account and follow the instructions to associate a PayPal account with your vendor account. Your PayPal account is used to receive funds from the sale of products on BlackBerry World. It is not necessary to set up a PayPal account unless you intend to sell apps. Click Done.
- Review the automated email BlackBerry sends you and forward supporting documentation to validate your account. Account approval should arrive in 24-48 hours.
- When you receive email notification that your account has been approved, sign in to the vendor portal with your user name and password to verify your account. The first time you sign in to the vendor portal you will be redirected to a screen that will link your BlackBerry ID with your vendor portal account.
- If you are not a resident of the United States or an organization in the United States, and you want to sell applications in the United States marketplace, you must complete and upload Form W-8. For most vendors, the applicable form is Form W-8BEN. Read the description at the top of Form W-8BEN to verify that it is the correct form.
- If you are a resident of the United States or an organization in the United States, use the W-9 series forms to request a taxpayer identification number.
- If you are not a resident of Canada or an organization in Canada, and you want to sell applications in the Canadian marketplace, you must complete and upload Form NR-301. Partnerships should complete and upload Form NR-302. Hybrid entities should complete and upload Form NR-303.
- If you do not complete and submit the appropriate tax forms, the highest rate of withholding tax might be applied to any sales in the United States and Canada.