Certified Builder for Web
The BlackBerry Certified Builder for Web Application Development stream is designed to validate the skills and knowledge of those who are developing web applications using the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks Software Development Kit.
Candidates who successfully complete this exam will receive the BlackBerry Certified Builder for Web Application Development designation.
How do you know if you're a potential candidate for this designation? Review the following guidelines:
What should you be able to do on your own?
- Design and prototype a mobile web application
- Design and prototype a mobile web page
- Troubleshoot and debug web content
- Sign an app
- Deploy an app to a BlackBerry 10 device and simulator
- Deploy an app to App World
What might you need help to do?
- Integrate with third party APIs and frameworks
Which environments should you be familiar with?
- Windows XP/7 or Mac OS X 10.6.4 or later
- BlackBerry 10 OS
Which tools should you be familiar with?
- BlackBerry 10 WebWorks Software Development Kit
- BlackBerry 10 simulator and/or devices
- Google Chrome
- Web Inspector
- App World Vendor Portal
What are you not expected to know?
- C++, QML, BlackBerry 7 OS and earlier