Enterprise Developer Expert
The BlackBerry Enterprise Developer Expert designation validates the skills and knowledge of those who are designing and deploying applications within enterprise environments.
Candidates must have passed either the "Developing Apps Using the BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK" or the "Developing Apps Using the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK and Cascades UI Framework" exam before they are eligible to write this exam.
Candidates who then successfully pass the "Designing and Deploying BlackBerry 10 Apps in Enterprise Environments" exam will receive the BlackBerry Enterprise Developer Expert designation in addition to their BlackBerry Certified Builder designation. More information on this exam is provided here.
How do you know if you're a potential candidate for this designation? Review the following guidelines:
What should you be able to do on your own?
- Describe the purpose and functionality of BlackBerry MDS
- Describe BlackBerry Enterprise Server push and IT policies
- Describe Enterprise network environments
- Describe VPN issues (segmented networks, WiFi, Corporate WiFi, Carrier Public)
- Understand BlackBerry 10 development options/platform choices
- Understand work perimeter development considerations and API restrictions
- Use application identifiers (personal vs. work)
- Use invocation in the work perimeter
- Explain BlackBerry Enterprise Activation, user authentication requirements and limitations
- Understand the purposes of development, test, stage and production environments
- Debug within the work perimeter
- Sign and package .bar files
- Describe the process for deploying an app to BlackBerry World for Work
What might you need help to do?
- Troubleshoot firewall, connectivity, and segmented network issues
- Install and configure a development BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- Troubleshoot BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 issues
- Perform general BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 administrative tasks
- Work with third party libraries and middleware
Which environments should you be familiar with?
- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- BlackBerry World for Work
- BlackBerry Balance and/or corporate liable environments
- Windows Server
- Mac, Linux, and/or Windows
Which tools should you be familiar with?
- BlackBerry 10 simulators and devices
- BlackBerry at GitHub
- IDE of your choice
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 IT Policies
- BlackBerry support tools and resources (social media, support forums, UI guidelines, API references)
- BlackBerry 10 WebWorks SDK or BlackBerry 10 Native SDK
- Web Inspector and/or debugger
What are you not expected to know?
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.X and older
- BlackBerry 7.X OS and older
- QNX design tool environment
- BlackBerry 10 Adobe AIR SDK
- BlackBerry 10 Android Runtime
- BlackBerry Java 7.1 SDK and older