Deploy to a simulator
Before you distribute your application to users, you can test it using the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator. The simulator allows you to run and view your applications exactly as you would on a real BlackBerry smartphone.
You can download additional BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators at www.blackberry.com/developers/simulators. You can view documentation for the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator from the Help menu of the simulator.
Before you begin: Successfully package your application. You have two options for this process:
- To package from Ripple, see Package with the Ripple emulator.
- To package from the WebWorks SDK, see Package from the command line.
- On the Start menu, select Programs > Research In Motion > BlackBerry WebWorks Packager > BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator.
- After the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator starts and you can see the Home screen, on the File menu, select Load Java Program.
- Click Open.
- On the Applications screen, open the Downloads folder.
- In the Downloads folder, click the application you created.
Last modified: 2013-08-14