BlackBerry tools for Android development
The BlackBerry tools for Android Development allow you to repackage your Android apps to run on BlackBerry 10 devices.
Repackaging tool options
You have the following options when choosing a tool to repackage your Android apps so they can run on BlackBerry 10 devices:
Plug-in and command-line tools
You can use the tools to check your Android apps for compatibility to the BlackBerry Runtime.
The tools can be used to:
- Repackage your Android apps as .bar files. The .bar file format allows your Android apps to run on a BlackBerry 10 device.
- Debug and run your Android apps on a BlackBerry 10 device or BlackBerry 10 Device Simulator in Eclipse or Android Studio.
- Create and deploy (upload) a device debug token to your BlackBerry 10 device. A device debug token is required to run an unsigned .bar file, such as your repackaged Android app, on a BlackBerry 10 device.
- Sign your Android app before it's repackaged and submitted to BlackBerry World.
New in this release
The 2.0.6 tools release provides the following updates:
- Support for Eclipse 4.4 (Luna)
- Support for Java 8
- Support for Android Development Tools version 23.0.3
- Support for Android Studio 0.8.6