Send a message to the system logger
#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/slog.h> int slogi( int code, int severity, int nargs, ... );
- A combination of a major and minor code.
- The severity of the log message; see Severity levels, in the documentation for slogf().
- The number of integers to send. A maximum of 32 integers is allowed.
The additional arguments are the integers that you want to write.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The slog*() functions send log messages to the system logger, slogger . To send formatted messages, use slogf() . If you have programs that scan log files for specified codes, you can use slogb() or slogi() to send a block of structures or int's, respectively.
Any value from the Errors section in MsgSend() , as well as:
- Insufficient permission to write to the log file.
- The size of the data buffer exceeded 32 integers.
- Invalid log file or directory specified, or slogger isn't running.