Multimedia Renderer Architecture
The multimedia rendering component, mm-renderer, allows multimedia applications to request and control the playback of audio and video media from files and devices.
The multimedia renderer provides mechanisms for:
- specifying the set of media to play
- issuing playback control commands
- retrieving the current status of playback
- requesting notifications when the status changes
- providing dynamic metadata (such as position in a track or playlist) for some media types
The multimedia renderer API is for control of playback only.
To gather information about the playback state, use the BPS library header file, bps/mmrenderer.h. For more information, see Monitoring the context state .