Before you begin
You should have a basic understanding of the C language and some experience running applications with the QNX Momentics IDE. Before starting this tutorial, you should have the following things ready:
- The BlackBerry Native SDK for Tablet OS
- Your BlackBerry PlayBook
- A BlackBerry Tablet OS C project created in the QNX Momentics IDE
- The file main.c exists in your project
- The video file you want to play
Note that the VideoPlaybackTutorial sample application does not play properly on the simulator. You can still code, build, and deploy but the playback behavior will not work.
Configure your project
Your project in the QNX Momentics IDE requires some setup to get started with this tutorial. First, the video should be added to the project:
- In the QNX Momentics IDE, in the Project Explorer view, double-click bar-descriptor.xml in your project.
- In the bar-descriptor.xml view, click Assets then click (All Configurations).
- In the Assets section, click Add....
- In the dialog, click Workspace... and select the video file you want to the application to play.
- Click OK and then the Save button.
Next, you need to manually add the BlackBerry Tablet OS libraries that your application will use:
- In the Project Explorer view, right-click your project and click Properties.
- In the left-hand navigation pane, click C/C++ Build > Settings.
- In the Tool Settings tab, click QCC Linker > Libraries.
- In the Libraries section, verify the following entries and add any that are missing: