Create a connection and handle to a mixer device specified by name
#include <sys/asoundlib.h> int snd_mixer_open_name( snd_mixer_t **handle, char *name );
- A pointer to a location where snd_mixer_open_name() can store a handle for the mixer device.
- The full path of the mixer device to open (e.g. /dev/snd/mixerC0).
Use the -l asound option to qcc to link against this library.
The snd_mixer_open_name() function creates a handle and opens a connection to the named mixer device. You'll use this handle when calling the other snd_mixer_* functions.
Zero on success, or a negative value on error.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix, or the device exists and the permissions specified are denied.
- The open() operation was interrupted by a signal.
- Too many file descriptors are currently in use by this process.
- Too many files are currently open in the system.
- The named device doesn't exist.
- Not enough memory is available for the data structure.
- The audio driver version is incompatible with the client library that the application is using.