Create a connection and handle to a specified mixer device
#include <sys/asoundlib.h> int snd_mixer_open( snd_mixer_t **handle, int card, int device );
- A pointer to a location where snd_mixer_open() stores a handle for the mixer device.
- The card number.
- The device number.
Use the -l asound option to qcc to link against this library.
The snd_mixer_open() function creates a connection and handle to the mixer device specified by the card and device number. You'll use this handle when calling the other snd_mixer_* functions.
Zero on success, or a negative value on error.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix, or the device exists and the permissions specified are denied.
- The open() operation was interrupted by a signal.
- Too many file descriptors are currently in use by this process.
- Too many files are currently open in the system.
- The named device doesn't exist.
- No memory available for data structure.
- The audio driver version is incompatible with the client library that the application is using.