Configure your development environment
The BlackBerry deployment setup wizard in Powerflasher FDT guides you through setting up your development environment to create applications and deploy them to a BlackBerry device. You can use the deployment setup wizard to do the following:
- Connect to a BlackBerry Simulator to test and debug your application.
- Connect to a BlackBerry device and install debug tokens to test and debug your application.
- Configure your computer to sign your applications before you deploy them.
- If you want to set up your development environment, start the BlackBerry Simulator; or connect your BlackBerry device to your computer and set it to development mode.
- If you want to sign and deploy your applications, you must order signing keys by completing the web form at BlackBerry Signing Keys Order Form.
- In FDT, on the Window menu, click Preferences.
- On the Preferences screen, in the preferences list, expand FDT > Mobile BlackBerry.
- Click Devices.
- Click Run the BlackBerry Deployment Setup Wizard to configure your development environment.
- Complete the steps in the wizard to configure your development environment.