Flash Builder 4.6 - Install the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR
- Install Adobe Flash Builder.
- Download the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR.
- Download and install VMware Player for Windows or VMware Fusion for Mac.
- Download the BlackBerry Tablet Simulator.
- Log in to an account that has administrator permissions or run the application with administrator privileges.
- In the folder where you downloaded the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR, open the BlackBerry-AIR-SDK-Installer-<version>-<Operating System>-<timestamp> file.
- On the Introduction screen, click Next.
- Read the license agreement. If you agree, click Next.
- On the Integration choice screen, select the Adobe Flash Builder checkbox. Click Next.
- On the
Flash Builder installation found screen, select
Yes option. Click
If you did not install Flash Builder in the default installation location, you must specify the location of the folder where you installed Flash Builder. On the Choose Flash Builder Install Folder screen, specify the location of the folder where you installed Flash Builder.
- On the
Choose Install Folder screen, provide the location of
the parent folder where you want to install the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR. A new folder called
is created at this location. Click Next.
The default location for the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR in a Windows environment is \Program Files\Research In Motion\.
The default location for the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR in a Mac environment is /Applications/Research In Motion/.
- On the Pre-Installation Summary screen, verify your installation settings. Click Install.
- On the Install complete screen, click Done.
The deployment setup wizard
The BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR integrates a deployment setup wizard in Adobe Flash Builder that guides you through setting up your development environment to create applications and deploy them to a BlackBerry tablet. You can use the deployment setup wizard to do the following:
- Connect to the BlackBerry Tablet Simulator to test and debug your application.
- Connect to a BlackBerry tablet and install debug tokens to test and debug your application.
- Configure your computer to sign your applications before you deploy them.
Using the deployment setup wizard
Before you Begin
- If you want to set up your development environment, start the BlackBerry Tablet Simulator, or connect your BlackBerry tablet to your computer and set it to development mode.
- If you want to sign and deploy your applications, you must complete the web form at BlackBerry Signing Keys Order Form.
- In Adobe Flash Builder, on the Window menu, click Preferences.
- On the Preferences screen, in the preferences list, expand Flash Builder > Target Platforms.
- Click BlackBerry Tablet OS.
- Click Run the BlackBerry Tablet OS Deployment Setup Wizard to configure your development environment.
- Complete the steps in the wizard to configure your development environment.