Security Builder Crypto Library
The following sections are a complete reference to the Security Builder API.
The Security Builder API is a software library that allows you to seamlessly add cryptographic support from the FIPS validated BlackBerry OS Cryptographic Kernel to your application. Features of the Security Builder API include:
- Comprehensive set of cryptographic algorithms including support for ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography).
- Implementation independence using a single programming interface.
- Support for third party cryptographic software toolkits, PKCS #11 (Cryptoki) compatible tokens, and hardware accelerators.
- Code stripping.
Note on Return Values
All of the functions described in this manual can return the following error codes:
- SB_SUCCESS - The function completed successfully.
- SB_ERR_NULL_GLOBAL_CTX - The global context passed to the function is NULL.
- SB_FAIL_ALLOC - Memory failed to be allocated.
- SB_ERR_NO_RNG - No RNG context was found in the parameters object.
- SB_ERR_NULL_RNG - The RNG context is NULL.
Last modified: 2013-09-30