Send a message to the system logger
#include <stdio.h> #include <sys/slog.h> int slogi( int code, int severity, int nargs, ... );
- A combination of a major and minor code.
- The severity of the log message; see Severity levels, in the documentation for slogf().
- The number of integers to send. A maximum of 32 integers is allowed.
The additional arguments are the integers that you want to write.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The slog*() functions send log messages to the system logger, slogger. To send formatted messages, use slogf(). If you have programs that scan log files for specified codes, you can use slogb() or slogi() to send a block of structures or int's, respectively.
Any value from the Errors section in MsgSend(), as well as:
- Insufficient permission to write to the log file.
- The size of the data buffer exceeded 32 integers.
- Invalid log file or directory specified, or slogger isn't running.
Last modified: 2013-09-30