Read a message from a client
#include <sys/resmgr.h> int resmgr_msgread( resmgr_context_t * ctp, void * msg, int size, int offset );
- A pointer to a resmgr_context_t structure that the resource-manager library uses to pass context information between functions. This function extracts the rcvid from this structure.
- A pointer to a buffer where the function can store the data.
- The number of bytes that you want to read. These functions don't let you read past the end of the thread's message; they return the number of bytes actually read.
- An offset into the thread's send message that indicates where you want to start reading the data.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The resmgr_msgread() function is a convenience function that you should in a resource manager instead of MsgRead().
- A fault occurred in a server's address space when it tried to access the caller's message buffers.
- The thread indicated by ctp -> rcvid doesn't exist or its connection is detached.
- A fault occurred when the kernel tried to access the buffers provided.
Last modified: 2014-06-24