Set a thread's cancellation type
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_setcanceltype( int type, int* oldtype );
- The new cancellation type.
- A pointer to a location where the function can store the old cancellation type.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_setcanceltype() function sets the calling thread's cancellation type to type and returns the previous cancellation type in oldtype.
The cancellation type can have the following values:
- If cancellation is enabled, new or pending cancellation requests may be acted on immediately.
- If cancellation is enabled, cancellation requests are held pending until a cancellation point.
The default cancellation state for a thread is PTHREAD_CANCEL_DEFERRED. Note that the standard POSIX and C library calls aren't asynchronous-cancellation safe.
You can set this attribute (in a non-POSIX way) before creating the thread; for more information, see " QNX extensions," in the documentation for pthread_create().
- Invalid cancelability type type.
Last modified: 2014-11-17