Set the process-shared attribute in a condition variable attribute object
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_condattr_setpshared( pthread_condattr_t* attr, int pshared );
- A pointer to the pthread_condattr_t object for which you want to set the attribute.
- The new value of the process-shared attribute; one of:
- PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED — any thread that has access to the memory where the condition variable is allocated can operate on it, even if the condition variable is allocated in memory that's shared by multiple processes.
- PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE — the condition variable can be accessed only by threads created within the same process as the thread that initialized the condition variable; if threads from other processes try to access the PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE condition variable, the behavior is undefined.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_condattr_setpshared() function sets the process-shared attribute in a condition variable attribute object, attr to the value given by pshared.
The default value of the process-shared attribute is PTHREAD_PROCESS_PRIVATE.
- The condition variable attribute object specified by attr, or the new value specified in pshared isn't valid.
Last modified: 2014-06-24