Set the thread scheduling policy attribute
#include <pthread.h> #include <sched.h> int pthread_attr_setschedpolicy( pthread_attr_t* attr, int policy );
- A pointer to the pthread_attr_t structure that defines the attributes to use when creating new threads. For more information, see pthread_attr_init().
- The new value for the scheduling policy:
- SCHED_FIFO — first-in first-out scheduling.
- SCHED_RR — round-robin scheduling.
- SCHED_OTHER — currently the same as SCHED_RR.
- SCHED_NOCHANGE — don't change the policy.
- SCHED_SPORADIC — sporadic scheduling.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The pthread_attr_setschedpolicy() function sets the thread scheduling policy attribute in the thread attribute object attr to policy.
The policy attribute is used only if you've set the thread inherit-scheduling attribute to PTHREAD_EXPLICIT_SCHED by calling pthread_attr_setinheritsched().
For descriptions of the scheduling policies, see " Scheduling policies " in the chapter on the QNX Neutrino microkernel in the System Architecture guide.
- Invalid thread attribute object attr.
- Invalid thread scheduling policy policy.
Last modified: 2014-11-17