Check the validity of a receive ID and an event configuration
#include <sys/neutrino.h> int MsgVerifyEvent( int rcvid, const struct sigevent event ); int MsgVerifyEvent_r( int rcvid, const struct sigevent event );
- The receive ID that you want to check.
- A pointer to a sigevent structure that contains the event you want to check.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The MsgVerifyEvent() and MsgVerifyEvent_r() kernel calls check the validity of the receive ID rcvid, and the event configuration. You can use these functions to verify that an event is well-formed by a client (pass a rcvid of 0), and by a server (pass a rcvid of the target thread).
These functions are identical except in the way they indicate errors. See the Returns section for details.
These calls don't block.
The only difference between the MsgVerifyEvent() and MsgVerifyEvent_r() functions is the way they indicate errors:
- If an error occurs, -1 is returned and errno is set.
- This function does NOT set errno. If an error occurs, the negative of a value from the Errors section is returned.
- The channel for the pulse delivery doesn't exist.
- Invalid event structure.
- The connection for the pulse doesn't exist.
Last modified: 2013-09-30