Get additional information about a message
#include <sys/neutrino.h> int MsgInfo( int rcvid, struct _msg_info* info ); int MsgInfo_r( int rcvid, struct _msg_info* info );
- The return value from MsgReceive*().
- A pointer to a _msg_info structure where the function can store information about the message.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The MsgInfo() and MsgInfo_r() kernel calls get additional information about a received message and store it in the specified _msg_info structure.
These functions are identical, except in the way they indicate errors. See the Returns section for details.
This call doesn't block.
The only difference between these functions is the way they indicate errors:
- If an error occurs, -1 is returned and errno is set. Any other value returned indicates success.
- EOK is returned on success. This function does NOT set errno. If an error occurs, any value in the Errors section may be returned.
- A fault occurred when the kernel tried to access the buffers provided.
- The thread indicated by rcvid doesn't exist.
Last modified: 2013-09-30