Get the flags for a segment in an IPv6 routing header
#include <netinet/in.h> int inet6_rthdr_getflags(const struct cmsghdr *cmsg, int index);
- A pointer to the Ancillary data containing the routing header.
- A value between 0 and the number returned by inet6_rthdr_segments().
Use the -l socket option to qcc to link against this library.
This function returns the flags for the segment specified by index in the routing header described by cmsg. The index must have a value between 0 and the number returned by inet6_rthdr_segments().
Addresses are indexed starting at 1, and flags starting at 0. They're consistent with the terminology and figures in RFC2460.
- W. Stevens and M. Thomas, Advanced Sockets API for IPv6, RFC 2292, February 1998. Contains good examples.
- S. Deering and R. Hinden, Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6) Specification, RFC 2460, December 1998.
- IPV6_RTHDR_LOOSE or IPV6_RTHDR_STRICT for an IPv6 Type 0 routing header
- -1 on error.
Last modified: 2013-12-23