Synchronize file data
#include <unistd.h> int fdatasync( int filedes );
- The descriptor of the file that you want to synchronize.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The fdatasync() function forces all queued I/O operations for the file specified by the filedes file descriptor to finish, synchronizing the file's data. The function blocks until this is finished. For more information about synchronizing, see " Filesystems and block I/O (devb-*) drivers " in the Fine-Tuning Your System chapter of the BlackBerry 10 OS User's Guide.
This function is similar to fsync() , except that fsync() also guarantees the integrity of file information, such as access and modification times.
- An error occurred ( errno is set).
- The specified filedes isn't a valid file descriptor open for writing.
- The implementation doesn't support synchronized I/O for the given file.
- The fdatasync() function isn't supported for the filesystem specified by filedes.
Last modified: 2013-12-23