Read a wide character from a stream
#include <wchar.h> wint_t getwc( FILE * fp );
- The stream from which you want to read a wide character.
Use the -l c option to qcc to link against this library. This library is usually included automatically.
The getwc() function reads the next wide character from the specified stream.
The next character from the stream, cast as (wint_t)(wchar_t), or WEOF if end-of-file has been reached or if an error occurs (errno is set).
- The O_NONBLOCK flag is set for fp and would have been blocked by this operation.
- The fp stream isn't valid for reading.
- A signal terminated the read operation; no data was transferred.
- Either a physical I/O error has occurred, or the process is in the background and is being ignored or blocked.
- Cannot read at or beyond the offset maximum for this stream.