Multimedia Renderer Architecture
The multimedia rendering component, mm-renderer, allows multimedia applications to request and control the playback of audio and video media from files and devices.
mm-renderer provides mechanisms for:
- specifying the set of media to play
- issuing playback control commands
- retrieving the current playback status
- requesting notifications when the status changes
- providing dynamic metadata (such as position in a track or playlist) for some media content
The multimedia renderer API lets you control playback and recording of media, and receive events to see the status of your media operations.
To gather information about the current playback status, use the BPS library header file, renderer.h. For more information, see Monitoring the context state .
The multimedia renderer uses the client's user ID and group IDs when performing permission-sensitive operations such as opening files.