Multimedia Renderer Architecture
The multimedia rendering component, mm-renderer, allows multimedia applications to request and control the playback of audio and video media from files and devices.
The mm-renderer service provides mechanisms for:
- specifying the set of media to play
- issuing playback control commands
- retrieving the current playback status
- requesting notifications when the status changes
- providing dynamic metadata (such as position in a track or playlist) for some media content
The multimedia renderer API allows you to control media playback and recording, and to receive events to monitor your media operations.
When performing permission-sensitive operations such as opening files, the multimedia renderer uses the client's user ID and group IDs.