Set Up Development Environment
There are a number of steps you must complete before you can start developing with the BlackBerry Native SDK for Tablet OS.
You should go through the Getting Started guide before continuing. This guide in particular walks you through these steps, which are necessary for getting your development environment up and running. In particular, you should complete these steps:
- Sign up for a BlackBerry ID.
- Request signing keys.
- Download the BlackBerry Native SDK for Tablet OS.
- Install the native SDK.
- If you do not have a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, download and install the BlackBerry PlayBook Simulator.
After you click and complete each link above, you should do the following:
- If you have a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, prepare it for development.
- Familiarize yourself with the development environment if you are not familiar with what the native SDK provides.
- Familiarize yourself with the application design fundamentals in BlackBerry Tablet OS
- Understand the application creation workflow. We also recommend that you go
through the following tutorials in the Tutorials section:
- Hello World
- Good Citizen
At anytime, we recommend that you get involved with the BlackBerry community as a source to help you develop, contribute your knowledge, and also make connections with other developers. By sharing your knowledge and leveraging contributions from others, you can improve your applications and help us to improve our platform. Ultimately, this means better capabilities for you to develop your applications!