Configure your app
After you set up your development environment, you must configure your app so that you can build and test it. You can add assets, permissions, and libraries to your app.
Create a BlackBerry solution target
A BlackBerry solution target is the build target configuration for your app. The solution target is device-specific, which means that you must create a BlackBerry target first and then you can create another target, such as the simulator, and base it on the BlackBerry target or on Win32.
To create a build target configuration for your BlackBerry app:
- In Microsoft Visual Studio, on the Build menu, click Configuration Manager.
- In the Configuration Manager dialog box, in the Active solution platform drop-down list, click New.
- In the New Solution Platform window, in the Type or select the new platform drop-down list, click BlackBerry.
- In the Copy settings from drop-down list, click <Empty> or Win32.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
Configure the bar-descriptor.xml file
The bar-descriptor.xml file is the application descriptor file that is added to your project when you create a BlackBerry solution target for your project. This application descriptor file is required when you create an app for the BlackBerry 10 OS.
- In Microsoft Visual Studio, in the Solution Explorer window, double-click the bar-descriptor.xml file.
- Click Set from Debug Token. If you have your debug token set up already, the data from your debug token is imported.
You can modify some of the information on the bar-descriptor.xml page.
Add assets to your app
In the Asset Configuration drop-down list, you can select which build configuration to use and add assets to your app.
Add permissions to your app
In the Permissions drop-down list, you can select which permissions you want to add to your app. For more information about app permissions, see App permissions.
Add libraries to your app
If you converted your project from a Win32 project to a BlackBerry project, you should find the equivalent BlackBerry libraries for your project and add them to your project to build it.
- Right-click the project and click Properties.
- In the Property Pages window, click Linker > General > Additional Library Directories.
- Click the drop-down list and enter the required libraries.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2015-07-24