Create or import a project
You can create a new project or open an existing one in Microsoft Visual Studio and populate it with your resources. You can also import a project that you created using the Momentics IDE for BlackBerry.
Convert a Win32 project
You have a Win32 app and you want to port it to BlackBerry 10 OS. If you create a new project using the Win32 template, a new BlackBerry solution target is created using the Win32 build target configuration as its template.
Here are the general guidelines you need to follow to add a bar-descriptor.xml file into your project:
- In Microsoft Visual Studio, go to File > Open > Project/Solution and open your Win32 project.
- Create a BlackBerry solution target.
- Click Close.
Every porting project is a little different but you might encounter some build issues that you need to resolve. Getting started with porting can help you get your existing app running quickly.
Create a new project
You can create a new project from scratch. When you use the <Empty> template, a new BlackBerry solution target is created using the default settings defined by Microsoft Visual Studio. When you use this configuration to build or run your app, Microsoft Visual Studio builds using the BlackBerry Native SDK compilers rather than the default Win32 compilers.
- In Microsoft Visual Studio, go to File > New > Project.
- Click <Empty>.
- Enter a name for your project and click OK.
When you set your targets, you can start developing your app.
Import a Native SDK project
If you have a BlackBerry 10 OS project that was created using the Momentics IDE for BlackBerry, you can import your existing Native SDK project into Microsoft Visual Studio. Currently, only C and C++ are supported.
- In Microsoft Visual Studio, go to the File menu and click New > Project.
- In the New Project dialog box, click Empty Project.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the project.
- In the Location field, choose a location for the project.
- If you already have a solution open, in the Solution drop-down list, click Create new solution or Add to solution. If this is a new project, the Solution drop-down list is not available.
- Click OK.
- In the Solution Explorer, right-click the project name.
- Click Import BlackBerry Core Native Project.
- In the browser, navigate to your Momentics IDE project and double-click the .cproject file.
- In the Import Summary window, review the files that were imported. All files are imported including the bar-descriptor.xml and error files.
- Click OK.
If you created a Managed project in the Momentics IDE, the linker settings can be imported from the .cproject file. If you created an Unmanaged project, the libraries you need to add in the linker are found in the common.mk file.
Last modified: 2013-10-30