Before you begin
You should have a basic understanding of the C language and some experience running applications with the Momentics IDE for BlackBerry. Before starting this tutorial, you should have the following things ready:
- The BlackBerry 10 Native SDK
- Your BlackBerry 10 device
Configure your project
To get the VideoPlayback sample application up and running, you need to import the project.
- From the NDK-Samples repository in GitHub, download the .zip file of the sample apps.
- When the file finishes downloading, unzip the contents to a folder on your computer.
- In the Momentics IDE, on the File menu, click Import.
- Click General > Existing Projects into Workspace and then click Next.
- Browse for the VideoPlayback sample application and click OK.
- Click Finish.
The project appears in the Project Explorer window in the IDE. To see the source files in the project, you can expand the project folder and then expand the src folder.
Add a video to your project
Your project already has a video included but you can add a different video to play if you want.
- Add the new video to your project workspace.
- In the IDE, in the Project Explorer view, double-click the bar-descriptor.xml file in your project.
- In the bar-descriptor.xml view, click the Assets tab.
- In the Build Configurations section, click All Configurations.
- In the Assets section, click Add Files.
- In the dialog box, click Workspace and select the video file you want the application to play.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2013-10-30