Tutorial: Create the Gamepad application
The BlackBerry 10 Native SDK allows you to develop apps that receive events from gamepads and joysticks using the Screen and Windowing Library. In this tutorial, we'll explore the Gamepad sample application to show you how to make your application work with game controllers that use the Bluetooth Human Interface Device profile.
If you want to learn more about gamepad support, including benefits and best practices, see Gamepad support.
You will learn to:
- Discover gamepad and joystick devices
- Handle connect and disconnect events
- Handle controller input events
- Get the controller's current state
- Map controller buttons to actions in your application
Last modified: 2014-05-14