IP filtering and NAT
The IP filtering and NAT (Network Address Translation) io-pkt* module is a dynamically loadable TCP/IP stack module.
The lsm-pf-*.so module provides high-efficiency firewall services and includes such features as:
- rule grouping—to apply different groups of rules to different packets
- stateful filtering—an optional configuration to allow packets related to an already authorized connection to bypass the filter rules
- NAT—for mapping several internal addresses into a public (Internet) address, allowing several internal systems to share a single Internet IP address.
- proxy services—to allow ftp, netbios, and H.323 to use NAT
- port redirection—for redirecting incoming traffic to an internal server or to a pool of servers.
The IP filtering and NAT rules can be added or deleted dynamically to a running system. Logging services are also provided with the suite of utilities to monitor and control this module.
Last modified: 2014-05-14