What is the Momentics IDE?
The Momentics IDE for BlackBerry is available for download. You must use the IDE to download the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK. After you download the SDK, you can use the IDE to quickly and efficiently build applications for devices.
The IDE runs on the Eclipse Platform, developed by the Eclipse Foundation, an open consortium of tool vendors . If you are familiar with tools based on the Eclipse platform or other IDEs, you will find all the features that you are accustomed to, such as code hints, debugging tools, color coding, etc. In addition, the IDE provides a debugging environment that easily connects to your BlackBerry 10 device and steps through applications as they run on your device.
The IDE provides powerful tools and features that let you easily debug and optimize your apps. For example, you can use the IDE to:
- Monitor memory and threads that your application consumes, shown graphically in the IDE
- Understand the data used by your application
- Identify functions that consume too much CPU time
- Profile running processes in your application
- Provide code coverage for your applications
Here are some other key parts of the BlackBerry 10 Native SDK:
- Command-line tools
- Available are command-line tools to build and sign apps if you prefer not to use the IDE. For example, you can use qcc to compile and link.
- BlackBerry Platform Services, Gesture API, Camera API, Multimedia, ANSI C, POSIX, Dinkum C++, etc.
Last modified: 2013-10-30