Update the IDE or API level
You can update both the IDE and the API level from the Help menu.
Update the IDE
- Do one of the following:
- On Windows and Linux, on the Help menu, click Check for Updates.
- On Mac, you cannot upgrade your 10.0 or 10.1 installation to 10.2. Download the IDE from http://developer.blackberry.com/native/download/. Install the application bundle from the download DMG file.
- Restart the IDE for the changes to take effect.
Update the API level
Updating the API level allows you to develop against the respective BlackBerry 10 OS version. Some API level updates include an IDE update.
For more information, see API levels.
- On the Help menu, click Update API Levels.
- In the API Levels dialog box, click Install or Update for the API level that you want.
- When the API level finishes installing, click OK.
- If you want to remove an API level, click Uninstall.
If the update includes an IDE update, restart the IDE for the changes to take effect.
Last modified: 2013-12-21