Removing an app
You may want to remove an app from your device or simulator because you don't need the app anymore or you want to clean up your device of all unused apps. There are several ways that you can remove an app from your device or simulator.
Remove an app using the device
To remove an app from the home screen of your device or simulator:
- Navigate to the home screen to locate the app that you want to remove.
- Touch and hold the app icon until all of the app icons begin to blink.
- Tap the trash icon for the app that you want to remove.
Remove an app using the Momentics IDE
To remove an app using the Momentics IDE:
- Make sure that your device or simulator is connected properly.
- Start the Momentics IDE.
- In the Project Explorer view, locate the project for the app that you want to remove.
- Expand the project and, in the BAR Packages folder, locate the .bar file for the app.
- Right-click the .bar file and select .
Remove an app using the command line
To remove your app using the command-line tools:
- Make sure that your device or simulator is connected correctly.
- At the command prompt, navigate to the workspace that contains the app that you want to remove and make note of the location of the .bar file for your app (for example, C:\<workspace>\<appname>\Device-Release\appname.bar).
- Navigate to the tools folder where you installed the Momentics IDE. The tools folder is located in <path_to_Native_SDK>\host_<version>\win32\x86\usr\bin.
Type the following command:
blackberry-deploy -uninstallApp -device <IP_address> -package <bar_file_name> -password <device_password>For Mac OS or Linux:
./blackberry-deploy -uninstallApp -device <IP_address> -package <bar_file_name> -password <device_password>
- <IP_address>: The IP address of the device or simulator
- <bar_file_name>: The location of the .bar file
- <device_password>: The password of the device or simulator
Here's an example of how you might remove an app in Windows:
blackberry-deploy -uninstallApp -device 169.254.0.1 -package C:/workspace/appname/Device-Release/appname.bar -password BBRocks123
Last modified: 2014-11-17