Profile a running process for an existing project
You can profile an application to capture performance information for an existing project.
Before you start:
- The process must be running on the target with profiling enabled.
- While the application is running, open the Launch Configurations dialog by choosing from the menu.
- Select C/C++ QNX Attach to Remote Process via QConn (IP) from the list on the left.
- Click the New button to create a new attach-to-process configuration.
- Configure things as you normally would for launching the application with debugging.
- On the Tools tab, click Add/Delete Tool…. The Tools Selection dialog is shown.
- Select the Application Profiler tool, then click OK. The Application Profiler tab is displayed on the launcher.
- Select Switch to this tool's perspective on launch.
- Click Apply, and then click Debug. The Select Process dialog shows all of the currently running processes.
- Select the running process you want to profile, then click OK. Now, you can begin to analyze the profiler data.
Last modified: 2013-12-21