Launch your application
After you build the binaries and create the launch configuration for your app, your app is ready to run on the specified launch target.
To launch your app:
- In the Launch mode drop-down list, select Run.
- In the Launch configuration drop-down list, select the launch configuration for your project.
- In the Launch target drop-down list, select your target.
- Click or right-click your project and click Run As > BlackBerry C/C++ Application.
A launch configuration defines which app to launch, the command-line options to use, and what values to use for environment variables. The configuration also defines which tools to run with your app, such as the Code Coverage tool, Application Profiler, and Memory Analysis tool.
The Momentics IDE includes two launch configuration types for BlackBerry app development:
- BlackBerry C/C++ Application
- Supports all of the launch modes: run, debug, C/C++ profile, memory analysis, run release, QML profile, attach to a running process, and code coverage.
- BlackBerry Postmortem Debugging
- Supports the debug launch mode. For more information about postmortem debugging, see Perform postmortem debugging.
Although the Momentics IDE creates a default launch configuration for your app, you can create multiple launch configurations for your app.
- On the toolbar, in the Launch target drop-down list, select a device or simulator.
- In the Launch configuration drop-down list, select Create New Launch Configuration.
- Select the Initial Launch Mode,
and then click Next.
To profile your app, select either C/C++ Profile or QML Profile instead of Profile.
- In the Launch Configuration Type options, select either BlackBerry C/C++ Application or BlackBerry Postmortem Debugging, and then click Next.
- You can use the default launch configuration settings or customize the
- To use the default settings, on the Launch Configuration Type screen, click Finish.
- To customize the settings, on the Launch Configuration Type screen, click Next. Select the settings that you want, and then click Finish.
For more information, see Edit launch configuration settings.
Last modified: 2014-11-17